Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New camera

Here's my new exciting new toy! It's a Canon Digital SLR Rebel XT camera! I've been sick of how crappy the quality of my little point-and-shoot camera pictures are so after much research and debate, birthday money, and help from the family photogs (http://www.mckayportraits.com/) I finally just did it. I got the camera in the mail today and since I am VERY much an amateur with it, I set it on fully automatic and took a few quick pics. I plan to read up and maybe learn from the masters (see link above) and develop my skills with it. Not to start-my-own-business caliber, but be able to take advantage of what a camera like this can do. At this point I'm just excited to get better pictures of Mckayla!!!

Here's a few of my favs from today:




If you can't immediately tell the difference in picture quality on here with these little pictures, click the first pic above to make it super big and look at it, then click on her in her OSU outfit in the post below and look at it super big and you can DEFINETELY tell the difference. I was always so disappointed when I'd print a picture and it would look okay on the computer but sooo grainy when printed...not anymore!!!

4 comments:

by: Brian and Lacey McKay said...

Yay! The pics look great! Looks like you're having fun with your new toy!

The Timmons said...

I am so jealous! Yea on getting a new camera! Most of mine come from my iphone or my crappy digital.. it's time for me to upgrade too! :) Have fun, the pics look great!

Keener Family said...

OK! I'm so jealous! The pics are amazing even on auto!! CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a difference! Maybe we need to reconsider ours.... although look at the adorable subject matter you have to practice with.