Monday, March 3, 2008

She did it!!

On the 4th night of trying cereal, she figured out the spoon! We were so surprised because we thought it would take much longer. I left her in this chair to feed her this time because it is slightly reclined and I made the cereal really runny because I figured it would need to just be poured in since she didn't know how to eat off the spoon, but boy was I wrong! It was messy but she sucked it off the spoon! After this video when she ate all of that batch I decided to make more and make it a lot thicker to see how she did. It was thick enough that she had to get it off the spoon herself, I couldn't just pour it in, and she ate it off so fast, she fussed in the one or two seconds it took me to get more on the spoon for her! I wasn't getting it to her fast enough! We are so excited she did it so fast! Way to go Mckayla!

This is her new thing now to pull out her pacifier, look at it and play with it then stick it back in her mouth. Most of the time she doesn't get it in her mouth straight, but here she was plopping it in and out over and over. It was hilarious!

2 comments:

Wendi Klinghamer said...

Just wait for those fun diapers once she is eating more solids!!
They are not fun.

Anonymous said...

Good words.