Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mommy's birthday

The best birthday present I could ever ask for!
Also on my birthday Mckayla had her 9 month check-up (but no shots thankfully) and she's just right on track developmentally! She weighs 18 pounds now, which is between the 25th and 50th percentile, and is 28 inches tall, which is between the 50th and 75th percentile. The nurse practitioner said this is normal for their weight to start declining because she is so active now! She has no idea how active Miss Mckayla bear is! Crawling, pulling up, some cruising, and lots of playing!!! She also said she saw some red spots on her gums so maybe she'll be getting some chompers soon, but in my opinion they can take all the time they need! We've got enough fussiness and fits that we can handle!
On a side note my birthday was a bit saddened by the passing of our pal Slimer. R.I.P. Slimer the salamander!

4 comments:

by: Brian and Lacey McKay said...

Aw, I talked to you today I forgot to wish you a happy birthday! I was too busy venting! But I did tell you happy birthday last week, so does that count? :)

So, what did you get? You already had Mckayla.

She is so flippin' cute btw! I just want to jump in that picture and get her!

by: Brian and Lacey McKay said...

Oh, wait, I've thought today was the 22nd all day. I'm a dork. So, I guess I should say "Happy Incredibly Belated Birthday!" :)

The Brack's said...

I got the 2 new penguin ornaments from the series I collect from Hallmark. You know I can't resist those adorable little guys!

Keener Family said...

OH NO!! Not poor Slimer!! I'm so sorry for your loss! But I'm glad all went well on your B-day, how was the work pizza party dealy? And congrats on McKayla's weight...she now weighs the same, if not more, than Kalan!! HAHAH! She's SOOOOOOO ADORABLE! Glad you had a GREAT B-day Momma!