Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cora Paige

Today my life changed forever and I am left heartbroken and yet feeling so so blessed at the same time. My sister-in-law had heard through someone else about this family in Kansas that has a blog had been reading lately. This family is of no relation to me or anyone I know but after reading their posts, I feel deep pain for what they have gone through. I will post the link to their blog at the end of here but be warned that it is the hardest thing that I've ever read and was left weeping at the end. In summary, they took their nearly 11 month old daughter, Cora, to the doctor 17 days ago for a check-up for what they thought was her 3rd ear infection of lately. After many questions and further testing it was determined that she was not suffering from recurring ear infections, but she had stage 4 cancer tearing through her tiny body. They immediately took her to the hospital and spent the past two weeks going on a roller coaster ride of procedures, pain, surgeries, hope with improvement, then setback after setback. Their post this morning brought the worst imaginable news by simply saying "Cora is with Jesus today." Please keep in mind that this was a happy family just SEVENTEEN days ago and their lives were forever changed in an instant. Please be grateful for the blessings in your life and remember that you never know what tomorrow will bring so make sure you live life to it's fullest today. Tell everyone in your life how much you love them and keep this family in your prayers. They say there is going to be a memorial fund set up to build "Cora Playground" and I requested information to how/where to contribute so I will post it here if they leave more information and anyone wants to help out.
The McClenahan family blog:
http://themcclenahans.blogspot.com/

0 comments: