Sunday, October 21, 2007

A family of three!



Mckayla has finally arrived! We didn't think it was ever going to happen but Friday, October 19 was the day! I woke up at 2:45 in the morning with pretty frequent contractions but I didn't get too excited because I wanted to make sure it was real. 4 hours and more pain later I decided it had to be the real deal so we called a few people and told them we were probably going to head to the hospital. We got there at around 8:45a.m. and got checked in to the triage area and they checked me out and it turned out I was already dilated to a 6-7! They got me into a labor and delivery room and by the time my midwife arrived and checked me again a couple hours later I was a 9 and I just continued on without any sort of epidural or pain medicine. After A LOT of extremely undescribable pain, Mckayla made her appearance at 2:43p.m. She weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long. She has dark blue eyes and a lot of hair too that is surprisingly a darker brown with blonde highlights. She is SOOO beautiful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tiffany Feger said...

Congratulations!!!!!! Good job with no pain meds - that's crazy. She's beautiful and I can't wait to see more pictures! (Lacey posted some.)
-Tiffany

Anonymous said...

YOUR AMAZING Mrs. No epidural!! SHE IS BEAUTIMUS!! So happy for you guys!!