Saturday, October 13, 2007

One down, one to go!

Let me start by going back a few months...before we knew if we were having a boy or girl, I found a Cabbage Patch Newborn baby doll on Ebay named Mckayla that was so cute, but it sold before I could ever decide if I should get it or not. Then we kinda started checking them out every once in awhile at Wal-Mart when we thought about it, to see if we could ever find another Mckayla and once again we found one but we didn't want to pay for it before we even knew what we were having, so we passed on it. Of course the moment we found out we were in fact having a girl, we've never been able to find one again...until tonight!!! We ran by Target to get a couple things tonight and decided to check the Cabbage Patch and of course NOTHING good, but then I looked up to the overhead and there rows and rows of them stacked 3 high so we tried to peek at the names on the bottom row and I thought I saw a Mckayla but maybe spelled differently so Chris carefully pulled it out without knocking them all on us like an avalanche and sure enough it was Mckayla spelled correctly and all!

Check out how PERFECT she is! Cute pink outfit, bright blue eyes (like Chris), cute little dimples (also like Chris), a little zebra book and finger puppet (fits my love of zebras/zebra print), and her birthday is the day we found her! FATE I tell you!

Chris decided to practice his "daddy skills"

Now we just need the real version to arrive!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAH! You guys are funny!

The McKays said...

Awwww, I didn't know I was going to have TWO new baby nieces! I'm the luckiest auntie in the whole world!

Sorry I missed the delivery, but I promise to make it for the next one!

P.S. She's pretty darn cute. She must take after her Aunt Lacey!