Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New Beginnings

Well for those of you who don't know, my parents had to move out of the house I pretty much grew up in and move into a house that my dad built and has been trying to sell for what seems like FOREVER (dang economy). The new house is soooo beautiful and I'm sure there will be so many new memories to make there, but I can't help but feel this tug of sadness to see the home I have MILLIONS of memories in go. I'm really trying to be positive about it but I have let more than a couple tears escape. But as my husband constantly reminds me, it IS just a house so I'm going to be a big girl about it!!! Here's the new house:

Mckayla really likes the shower in the hall bathroom :)

This is the house I will always call home though; the house that has 15 years of memories. There has just been too many good ones to pick out a favorite, whether it be all the baby showers, graduations, proms, family dinners, or holiday celebrations. I'm really going to miss it!

This is a scene I think of A LOT-my parents making some awesome home cooked meals!!!
And this is by the garage where I carved my initials into the concrete when the house was being built:
This was Father's Day and our last family meal at the house :*(
Abbey enjoying the icing off a cookie for desert:
Our last family picture at the house:
To new beginnings........

2 comments:

Keener Family said...

AWWWWW!

Lacey McKay said...

I really, really love that picture you took of me and Madison! I love that little pudge muffin so much!