Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First Doctor Appointment

Olivia had her first checkup today! I was NOT thrilled about having an 8:40am appointment because as you all know, we are not morning people and this meant I had to get up extra early to get myself ready, change her diaper, and feed her. All went well until I had to put her in the carseat. Then she screamed bloody murder. I was stressing out a bit at this point. I eventually calmed her down and we were on our way..and running late. I forgot how difficult it is to get a newborn ready and out the door. Anyway, they weighed her when we got there and she is up to 7 pounds 6 ounces!!! Dr. Stephens said she looks great, he got her nasty umbilical cord off (woohoo!), and said the purplish bruise looking spot on her butt cheek was likely the beginnings of a hemangioma. So it will start to turn more red and raised, but will probably disappear after awhile. Mckayla had one of these on the top of her head and it was gone by the time she was one. So she did great at her appointment and next will be her 2 month checkup and the start of a bunch of vaccines :(

0 comments: