Saturday, January 1, 2011

One day old

DECEMBER 23, 2010
I stayed that night at the hospital by myself with Olivia so Chris could take Mckayla home and they could both get some rest (he had bronchitis), so I was anxious to see them again by morning, especially considering I only got an hour or two of sleep. She wasn't fussy, I just couldn't sleep! I guess too much adrenaline still...

Mckayla was definitely excited to see her baby sister!!!


Our beautiful Olivia
Actually the first visitors to make it to the room were some excited cousins! Abbey and Madison were so cute and sweet with Olivia too.
Uncle Brian finally got his chance to hold her..with a little help from the girls :)
Thankfully the red splotchiness from the day before was going away
Her coming home outfit
After she turned 24 hours old and got her newborn screening tests done and checked for jaundice, we were discharged!!!! Not too long after we got home, Leshia, Carlie, and Summer came by for a visit. Then my parents brought over dinner!!! Thanks again mom and dad!!!
I can't get enough of these pictures of Mckayla holding her sister!!! She really does snuggle her, kiss her, "pet" her head, and ask to hold her all the time. She's such a sweetie :)

0 comments: