Friday, April 10, 2009

Really fun day

Today was a REALLY great day! We had so much fun together and Mckayla was in the best mood and being even funner than ever! First we went to the mall to meet the Easter bunny! As you can see Mckayla was not so excited about it...
She didn't scream and cry like she did with Santa! Just some really sad whimpering and reaching for me. Then we got home and I saw a big box on the front porch and knew immediately what it was....the table and chairs set I ordered for her!!! I was planning on waiting until her birthday to get her one, but she's been showing signs that she was ready for one a lot lately. It's hard to tell by the picture but it's a really soft pink color and it's real wood so its very heavy and sturdy. I put it together while Mckayla napped.
When she woke up the first thing she asked for was Ra-ra (a.k.a. Elmo) so I let her hold a dvd case then we made our way to the living room for the surprise. Daddy even brought in her tea set to make it complete! She loved it! (but wouldn't let go of the Elmo dvd)
Making some tea:
I love this one because she really looked like she was trying to pour the teapot!
So the table was a hit and she kept setting her snacks and books up on it all evening. Then it was on to her other favorite activity as of lately; being a human sprinkler with her sippy cup. Now the million other times before when she does it I get on to her and/or take the cup away when she spits the water and soaks herself but this time I just gave in because it was way too funny to resist. At one point I tried to say no but it was futile. I just have to stick a bib on her and hope to protect her clothes somewhat from a complete soaking (this time it didn't work at all)
Then I gave her some oatmeal before bed and she decided to feed herself with her spoon! This is probably only the second time she's done it (or that I've encouraged it) and she does an awesome job! I just have to assist with the scooping :) After awhile it becomes more of a toy and she starts shaking the spoon, with the food on it of course, all over the place...then self-feeding time is over!

This was definetely one of those nights when we really didn't even want to put her to bed because she was being soooo cute and so much fun!

3 comments:

Wendi Klinghamer said...

That table and chair set is soo cute!! Where did you get it from? I ended up putting some cute Elmo and Abbey fabric over Emily's table to protect it from dried leftover food that ends up all over the table. Plus she bangs stuff on it too.

Keener Family said...

That bunny is a little scary looking!! LOL!

Mimi said...

Love the video. Need new posts, Mommy. It's Sunday 4-19.........