Friday, November 23, 2007

First Bottle!

Unfortunately I'm going to have to go back to work eventually so Mckayla is going to have to start eating from a bottle. I've been pumping and freezing milk for a couple weeks now to build up a stock but I've been wanting to start attempting a bottle every once in awhile so she will get used to it for when I'm not home. Tonight was the first attempt and she did so AWESOME! She didn't fight it or cry at all! It took her a second to get going on it, just like she does with her pacifier, but she went right to sucking away and gobbled up the whole thing! Then daddy changed her and she ate a little more! Daddy loved getting to feed her (and she wore her I Love Daddy bib for the occasion) and we were both soooo excited that she did so well on the first try, hopefully she keeps doing that well. I was the teeniest bit sad too though that she didn't cry for her mama instead of that imposter bottle, but it's all for the greater good!

0 comments: