Friday, November 2, 2007

First doctor visit

Today Mckayla is 2 weeks old and she had her first check-up with her pediatrician. It was a quick visit just to weigh and measure her and for the doctor to just check her out and answer our questions and give us some information about what to expect developmentally. I've known her doctor for many years because I grew up going to school with his daughter and we were good friends for awhile. It is nice going to someone you already know and trust. Anyway, I was very curious to find out how much she weighed because she eats SO well! I haven't worried at all about her getting enough and gaining, I was just anxious to see by how much! I was still surprised though when the nurse weighed her and she was 7 pounds 8 ounces!!! Remember she was 6 pounds 9 ounces 2 weeks ago at birth, so gaining almost a pound is really really good! The doctor said that for most babies they are just hoping that they have gotten back up to their birthweight! Go Mckayla! Everything else checked out perfect as well, so we are so thankful that our baby is so healthy!

0 comments: